Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Bike Week Already ????

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:32 pm

Bike Week Already ????

I'm filming this today for your little preview and I thought "Holy shit, the tents are up, the Drive-In is empty, there are no motorcycles, THIS week is Bike Week?" :ban_139:

Hey, couldnt resist, lol. Actually, it was beautiful, there were tons of scoots, The Spoke was jammin', Bike Fever was in full effect.

Enjoy a glimpse ...... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdHQRFL0X8
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

southtexas

Post Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 pm

Re: Bike Week Already ????

Great shots of that cool biker on the scooter, W.R. His walking it into position was pretty cool too. LOL On another topic, I remember 'almost' like it was yesterday, going to that Drive-In in the 1950's, playing on the playground equipment down in front of the screen, walking up to the snack bar for pizza and popcorn, etc. Ah, those were the days. :) Keep the videos coming!
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:41 am

Kewl video, W.R., thanx. I remember the drive in theaters from back in the 50's. My parents would take us once in a while, all 5 of us. We would also use the "playground", which was near the snack bar. Then my Dad would have us sit on the front bumper of the car for a while, except my sister, she was too young. The Drive Ins were a lot more fun when I got my first car and we would "sneak" someone in, in the trunk, then park way in the back so no one would see him get out of the trunk. Lots of memories, "Happy Days".

Happy Trails - peace :ban_118:
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi guys, They sold it a year or two ago but then the deal fell through. Not many more years left, I'm afraid. So much Americana just slipping away but of course, things change and nothing lasts. At least we had those times - a kid today will someday reminisce about how much fun it was to camp outside a Best Buy in December to get the latest iPhone, smh.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

<<

southtexas

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:54 pm

LOL, W.R. Sad, huh, but I guess it thrills them so maybe I'm just getting old. Maybe getting old? LOL Hey, like the saying goes, it sure beats the alternative. Lets see, what else might they look back upon fondly? Creating a tweet or FB post that goes 'viral''? Spending a weekend with no human contact and tweeting till' their thumbs ache? :) Okay, I'll cool it. We had our days and now they are having theirs. I'd switch places in a second for a do over. :)

To me it's really cool, and amazing actually, that the Weirs sign and Drive-In are still there. It is really unreal how much that area looks like it did in the 1950's. Pretty cool.
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:56 pm

Yeah, S.T, a do-over would be sweet since that whole "youth is wasted on the young" turned out to be pretty fucking accurate. As far as The Weirs is concerned, for most of the last thirty years, I took comfort in the fact that it's hardly changed from the night I first saw it in '69. I have to say I don't feel that way anymore - I really believe Lakeside Ave needs a bolt of lightning and a forty mile an hour wind. The sign is quaint but the rest of it is a shithole. Those tacky arcades have to go, the bumper cars look like something out of a 50's movie, Tower Hill has made tons of upgrades and kudos to them but The Paradise has got fucking LIGHT BULBS {sold by Thomas Edison himself} and analog sound from 1998. It's almost 2020, for chrissakes, tear down everything from the pizza stand north, build something great with decks and patios, restaurants and bistros. Prime real estate, gorgeous views, you could get some real people up there if the place was gentrified and brought into this century. The roadwork and streetlights were just lipstick on a pig and other than the patrons of the Mt. Washington {going on the cruises} all you've really got up there is a summer full of Massholes who want to lie on the beach and eat four dollar slices of pizza that they clearly don't need, lol. Gotta run, a joy as always! W.R.

<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:31 am

That would be a great start, W.R.. The "Original" Laconia Bike Week Rally was based around the Racing, sure could be more of that. It's too bad there's not a small local race track closer to Laconia, and bring back the street race they used to have.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

SHOWEM

***1000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:11 am

I got your masshole right here WR!! :ban_psych:
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 am

I rest my case, Showem :lol: Nothin' personal, lol. W.R.

Return to Laconia Bike Week