Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Everyone alive and well up there?

<<

southtexas

Post Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:47 pm

Everyone alive and well up there?

It has been q-u-i-e-t on here for many months now. Any new news on Bike Week? Big plans, big changes, etc.? Thanks
<<

southtexas

Post Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Re: Everyone alive and well up there?

W.R., come on, Man, we know you are out there! Give us some updates, please. Any big plans to spice up this year's Rally? A return to Vintage Racing in downtown Laconia like in 2005? Vintage Racing up on the Mountain like in 2001? Come on, Man, let the cat out of the bag. We need to make plans. Please tell us it won't be more of the slow slide to obscurity. Thanks.
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:35 pm

Hey southtexas, I think WR went into hibernation. "They" are building a new dirt track at the Loudon race track. I don't know if it's gonna be a "Flat track" or an "Motorcross" track with all kinds of jumps and whops and stuff like that. The Hillclimbs have returned to Gunstock, but they didn't have any vintage bikes running last year. I was also at the "downtown" vintage races back in '05, that was great. That's all for now, happy trails and peace.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

southtexas

Post Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks tofeather. The hill climb is always a favorite and having it in Gunstock is cool because of the huge hill and the tie back to the original spot of the 'races'. W.R. may be 'under cover' and may have all kinds of stuff to report when he surfaces. :) Ride safe.
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:42 pm

Afternoon, everyone! No, I'm not "lurking" anywhere, I'm very visible on Facebook every day and occasionally the TV too. My fire/police videos were featured on the WMUR {Ch.9} news six times last year and two days ago for a house fire in Epsom. All of my Laconia Roadhouse Wet-T work is permanently on Vimeo at "Weirs 69" {easy to remember, no?} since Youtube deleted four videos {and one channel} on me - fuckers. I also have a new Weirs 69 Facebook page, like it if you wish.

So I've been everywhere, just not here. As for "local" L.B.W. news, the big deal is that Anthony Santagate, owner of Tower Hill Tavern, bought The Paradise Beach Club from the Lorings. It is now called The Big House and is in the process of being gutted and redone {thank Christ}. Live bands will be in both venues so music will be everywhere.

With the success of Biketemberfest {which is a block party, NOT a bike rally} and drinking in the street, Anthony has created Wake The Lake, which will take place May 10 - May 12, 2019. Anthony has done more for Weirs Beach in the last year than some have done in the last decade and I really don't have to 'splain myself, do I?

I'm also posting my Biketemberfest night vid of Jodie Cunningham and all the happy peeps in the street. Cool, laid-back, fun time!

Gotta run, it's 1:30 and I should probably do something today. Here's some links for anyone interested - Best, W.R.

https://www.facebook.com/bighousenightclub/
Last edited by W.R. on Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

southtexas

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 pm

Great to have you back, W.R., and good stuff! Thanks. I'm not a Facebooker. Just an old forum guy. Why did YouTube drop your stuff? Please drop in when you have time. You are our eyes and ears, or at least mine! :)
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:22 pm

Thanks, southtexas, always nice to stop in when there's something to report. As for Youtube, more than likely some contestant complained and there goes the video. The channel has over 3000 subscribers and as I said elsewhere, would have well over a million views if left alone which would have been really cool. Oh well .... And Youtube also took down my other entire channel two years ago - I've no doubt that a certain someone didn't want L.B.W. portrayed that way and bitched. No proof, of course, but now it's all on Vimeo, safe and sound!

We're 'bout three months out now so I'll be posting as needed, as things develop. And though it's not Bike Week, the State Supreme Court ruled in favor of the track :ban_026: so the three day music festival is ON, which will be the tits! That's all for now talk later - W.R.
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

southtexas

Post Tue May 21, 2019 6:32 pm

zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz zzzzzzz
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Tue May 21, 2019 11:56 pm

Ayup. It's still "early" spring here. I hear some bikes in the wind and I see some bikers are twisting wrenches ( like me ) trying to get another season out of an old scoot.
<<

southtexas

Post Thu May 23, 2019 2:34 pm

I hear you, tofeather, but isn't there some kind of little hometown rally scheduled up in your area in early June? :) It sure has been quiet.

i
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 am

Yes there is, It's called Laconia Bike Week, starts on Saturday, June 8th. and ends on Father's day, June 16th. It has been "shrinking" over the years. There is talk of a "new" motorcycle / race at the Loudon race track. A new course is being made and the "word" is "Dirt Track". The last dirt track races, ( during Bike Week ) were back in 2004 or 2005. I was a 2 day event that started the day before Bike Week started, and concluded with the final races on Saturday night. That was one of the best events going on. The New England H - D dealers assoc. was the "BIG" promoter(s), but they dropped out, so it went away, as did several of the other bike races that were held during Bike Week. The whole reason why Bike Week started was a Rally in support of the Motorcycle Races. Now it's more of a carnival and "T" shirt extravaganza. 20 years ago it was much more fun, then "they" started making "changes", more for the worse, now it's a "family" event. No "Flashing" allowed, and other "rules" that have changed it.
I go just for the time off, the great riding in the mountains and the lakes regions, camping out ( 25 miles away ), and go to the "carnival a few times during the 10 days. Also for what few races are held at Loudon and at Gunstock for the Hillclimbs on Wednesday. That has finally returned to Gunstock in the last few years.
Hope you can make it.
Happy Trails - peace :ban_118:
<<

southtexas

Post Sat May 25, 2019 11:56 am

Great update. Thank you, tofeather. I guess everything changes but I sure hate seeing Laconia Bike Week change so much. It's definitely on my mind. :)
<<

southtexas

Post Sun May 26, 2019 12:43 pm

--

Return to Laconia Bike Week