Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Campground

<<

JuniorNasty

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:48 pm

Campground

Hey bikers and bikettes!
I was in Laconia this year and have been going to Laconia for some time now. It was nice to have a nice sun filled week-end and I hope all went well for every one! Quick question I have for you Laconians. I normally sleep at the Loudon Speedway campground however, seems things have changed and the campground was not open and they didn't have any races. I ended up sleeping at Rocky Roads Campground about 1mile away which was very nice however, was way too quiet for my taste. Anybody know of a campground, hotel, etc. that is as rowdy as the speedway was? Doesn't matter where as long as it's in New Hampshire :mrgreen:
Thanks 8)
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
http://IamKrisJones.com/
<<

Road

He knows Jack

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:31 pm

Re: Campground

I'm afraid all campgrounds have all gotten tame compared to years ago,just have to make your own fun and not be so rowdy.I too remember the old days of such rowdyness.I have mellowed with time but still manage to have a hell of a time.
My life style determins my death style
<<

JuniorNasty

Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:57 pm

That really sucks about the campgrounds. There has to be a place left where it's rowdy! I refuse to believe Laconia Bike Week is completely tame!
Hey Road! I notice you're from Sherbrooke! I'm from Montreal! Maybe we can get together next year or something.
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:30 am

Check out Cascade Campground, it's a few miles south of Loudon on 106. They have a "Safari" area that is dedicated to bikers for Bike Week, and they don't "enforse" any ridiculous rules against having "FUN". They had a live band there last year on the weekend, several burn out strips and a big bon-fire. They usually fill that area, but it is a big campground with plenty of sites. Reserve in May to be sure to get in. Next to Pine Hollow, it's very popular with Bikers.
Camping @ the Race Track is on Nascar events only, and just for self contained campers, No Tenting.
WELCOME TO LBW.NET
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

JuniorNasty

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:13 pm

tofeather wrote:Check out Cascade Campground, it's a few miles south of Loudon on 106. They have a "Safari" area that is dedicated to bikers for Bike Week, and they don't "enforse" any ridiculous rules against having "FUN". They had a live band there last year on the weekend, several burn out strips and a big bon-fire. They usually fill that area, but it is a big campground with plenty of sites. Reserve in May to be sure to get in. Next to Pine Hollow, it's very popular with Bikers.
Camping @ the Race Track is on Nascar events only, and just for self contained campers, No Tenting.
WELCOME TO LBW.NET

Thanks for the info :)
They changed the No Camping at the track this year cause we have been going there for 7yrs now and we got the scare of our lives when we got there and it was closed. Luckily we were able to find a place. It was really fun at Rocky Road's campground but just not crazy enough for what I'm used to Laconia being.
Any other suggestions are welcome 8)
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
<<

Road

He knows Jack

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:39 pm

Cascade might be just for ya,I go every year to bike week since 1976,I'm a veterin of bike week.Done the rowdy thing years ago.Now I go because I love to ride,I do usualy well over a thousand miles while I'm there.It's a great place to meet old friends and make new ones.I enjoy just reminising with my best friend back at the campground.We always have lots to talk about our day.If your going to Cascade ......RESERVE EARLY or you'll be shit out of luck.Good luck and safe riding.Stay 8)
<<

JuniorNasty

Post Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:28 pm

Yeah I know what you mean! This year is the most riding I've done in all the years I've been to Laconia. Mostly because I didn't wake up so hung over and missing a rear tire on my bike :lol:
Next year I want a place where the party doesn't end so early and I can get rowdy if I want. I'll keep the rear tire on so I can ride on the beautiful New Hampshire roads the next day though. I didn't get to do the Kankamangus ride this year. I want to do it next year
Thanks for all the info so far :)
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 am

The "Kanc" doesn't close after Bike Week, but Bear Notch road does get closed for part of the wintah. It's a beautiful ride in the fall, the sun comes up early, so ride west to east, then go north towards North Conway, then take 302 towards Bartlett, and take Bear Notch road back to the Kanc., there are several place where you can stop for pix, and the colors are fantastic.
<<

Road

He knows Jack

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:34 am

Thats true,you can do the Kanc anytime.
<<

JuniorNasty

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:40 pm

That's true! I'll see if I can get my bro to come with me and do it.
Loud Pipes Save Lives!
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:27 pm

If you know in advance when you and your bro' will do it, post it here and maybe some of us can join ya. Most of us are always up for a ride. And they have "Group" rates @ Sculptured Rocks Country Inn, and they are very "Biker" friendly people.

Return to Laconia Bike Week