Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

End Laconia Bike Week.

<<

THECHIEF

*****3000 Club!

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 pm

Re: End Laconia Bike Week.

Has anyone here at one time or another have fun out behind the barn,does this ring a bell , perhaps,perhaps not. If so I need not say anything if not oh well you missed it.
IF YOU CAN'T RIDE IT WHAT GOOD IS IT
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:41 pm

I had heard about it a few years ago. It was held up in Maine somewhere, but it was stopped or cancelled for some reason. someone said it was kinda like Bear Bones Bash.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

Germ

***1000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:56 am

The Loonie Bin will not get any of my coin in the future. Not like they will miss a few bucks from me but that is where I stand.
If it flies, floats or fucks it's cheaper to rent it...
<<

THECHIEF

*****3000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:24 am

I dont blame you at all,stick to your principals.
<<

Road

He knows Jack

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Germ,what happened at the Bin?
My life style determins my death style
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:57 pm

I hear you Germ I think next years LBW meet will be in South Dakota lol you would think she would have cut you a break if not for nothing eles but for all the plugs I give the place and all the biz during bike week. Next years meet will be somewhere else...

And I'm taking the banner down on the home page 8-)
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:33 pm

Ouch {!} and I had nothing to do w/it, lol. Random thoughts { all unsolicited fo sho} ...... In an "off peak" time, try securing a section of the {new} top floor of The Tower Hill Tavern. Overlooking Lakeside Ave., how cool would THAT be ? Or maybe part of The Mount {it's never THAT busy}. Tower Hill's new room has a sh*tload of space and I bet they'd love the PR and $$ on a Wed / Thurs off-peak afternoon. Great vantage point :) W.R. Out ....
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

http://www.facebook.com/paparazziimages
<<

Mrs Choppers Inc

****2000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 pm

Blaz I am more than down to meet you in Sturgis!!! And you know this maaaaan!!!! I was talking to MW about renting a house next year as we will have to bring the pooch with us and he's too crazy to camp! If we have a good year and can save the funds I would love to do that trip again!!!! And for the record....I still love Laconia and had a great time!!!! I just wish they would bring back the filth!!!!! lol I had no issues with the Looney Bin either...cant' wait to hear these stories :/
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:37 pm

Wow, a LBW.net "Barmeet" West, and a LBW.net "Barmeet" East. That's serious chit, taking down the Loony Bin banner, they must have really pissed some people off. I'm all for finding another place.
<<

Germ

***1000 Club!

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:06 am

It was a far walk to the bin from camp so I grabbed a can for the tour. Walked up to the door with my empty and they told me to come back tomorrow. Apparently they can't allow ppl in that have been consuming in front of them.
If it flies, floats or fucks it's cheaper to rent it...
<<

SHOWEM

***1000 Club!

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:21 am

Is it too early to start talking about a meet n greet in Sturgis? I'll be arriving on Aug 2 staying at Tilford Gulch
<<

BADFX

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 am

Laconia is by far the worst rally there is . They have compacted into three locations Benders, Spokes ,Lobster pound.

We only go because its a hour from the house !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We used to go for the whole week now we are down to a long weekend. Next year i will ride up for the day.

The place Sucks

They better do sumthing !!!

KT was right even the talant sucked ...LOL
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:34 pm

You can thank the Laconia Motorcycle Week Association and everyone else who, over the last ten years, has SANITIZED L.B.W. out of existence :ban_fu:

There is now NOTHING to offend ANYONE. Of course {you dipsh*ts}, there is now NO ONE to offend !

" Quick, children, grab your t-shirts and your $8.00 turkey legs, get Mom and run to the car ..... BOOBIES !!!!!!!!!! "
There's more to life than naked girls, rock & roll and debauchery...wait, who am I kidding ??

<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:11 pm

Those sound like good ideas WR I will check those places out, maybe sometime this summer. KT I tried to be as filthy as i could be. I promise to drink more next time lol. Sturgis next year for sure KT if you guys rent something you can come and hang out at Glencoe for a night it will be fun, crazy fun :mrgreen: :twisted: I didn't have a big problem at the Looney Michele is always very nice to me, but she could have cut Germ a break and said come back later, it's time to move on so that's what we will do...
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

ROSCO

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 pm

See what the fuck happens when I and the gang dont show up together. Place falls apart. :lol: Where the hell are those numb nuts anyways. :roll:
Who's your DADDY
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:32 pm

Looks like our "Rat-Friend" ROSCO, chewed his way out of his cage again. :P :ban_040:
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:00 pm

Sorry, but I'm bored and really need a laugh. I've tried for over a week to find attendance figures for Laconia '13 and other than "down from last year" {lol} can't find a thing. Anybody seen any real numbers ? W.R.

<<

THECHIEF

*****3000 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:10 pm

Oh there were some real numbers there alright, some I'm still trying to figure out.
Oooops! oh okay you meant numbers # as in figures, as far as attendance goes. Have not seen anything, or really heard of anything on the media and such. Hell that week is all over now you wont hear or see much of anything on that now. Probably not till next year when they say or spit out some made up number or something.
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Just bein' a pain {lol}, but "The Association" is always in such a rush to put out their 200,000 :ban_005: bullshit every year that I find it fascinating that now, all of a sudden, numbers of ANY magnitude seem to have escaped them :) W.R.

<<

larry

***1000 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Behind the Barn, was at Grant's Farm in Saco, Maine out in the old corn field. The 14th's was held on Memorial Day Weekend May 24-27, 2002. That was also the last, someone died from over dose of oxicontain and alcohol. I knew another person that worked the same place I did that was also a close second fatality, but was able to be saved by pumping him out. He had got the stuff from the one who had died. That was also my first year back out riding in 19 years, so it was interesting first biker bash. The Iron Horseman also had a place called the Barn right off 111 in Arundle, Me. where they had stripper's and drinks w/pool tables. They got closed up after a while being bust many times.
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanx Larry, didn't realize it was that long ago. Glad we still got Bear Bones and I've heard the other event in Vermont the following weekend is also FUN. I'll hafta look for it on that Vermont site, it escapes me right now.
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:41 pm

O-K, it's called Crossroads Motorcycle Rally, held the weekend after Bear Bones (7-19 to 7-21), in Waterbury Vt.
<<

THECHIEF

*****3000 Club!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:41 am

Ya hit the nail on the Head Larry,that was some real crazy chit. I think it was mid late 90's when I had gone first time and only time,I think there was a shooting at the second Barn, I may be confused.
<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:52 am

That rain also resulted in a “mellow spring,” in the words of Tai Freligh, spokesman for the state Division of Travel & Tourism Development. April rooms and meals revenue, for instance, was down 14 percent. And Bike Week in June was a bit of a washout.

“The spring was soft,” agreed Jason Lyon, CEO of the Common Man Family of Restaurants. “The motorcyclists didn’t come.” The result: “We are only slightly ahead of last year.”

<<

W.R.

** 500 Club!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:12 am

Don't mind me, just a little bored, lol. However, it IS nice to know that I'm not the only one out there ... :)

Bike Week, officially the Prudential Laconia Motorcycle Week, wrapped up its 90th year yesterday, and due to some inclement weather, Shay said Wednesday that this year’s rally was leaving something to be desired.

How is the week going so far?

Weather is terrible. This is probably the worst year so far, out of the four. Last year was the best. And it . . . there’s nothing you can do. Sucks to spend all the money to get up here, and it ends up costing you money for the week.

But people who planned to attend still come, right?

Yeah, but they’re not out in the rain. Yesterday was horrible. We stayed open yesterday, but we didn’t do any business.

How long have you been in the motorcycle business?

About five years, like officially motorcycles. I’ve been in (automotive) business about 20 years in total.

Have you always built unusual motorcycles?

Yeah, at first, within the last three and a half years, we started building bikes like that. I’ve always customized stuff at my shop. I used to build all kinds of cool guitars and trucks. We’ve got a full body shop attached to our building. We’re one of the few that do everything except for seats. I’ll make a seat pan, but we don’t stitch. But we literally do everything in-house. I don’t do any engine work, I don’t do service work, I just do audio and make it look great. That’s all I do. All I do now is bikes. My guys still do cars, and they’ll jump on the bikes occasionally just to help me out, but for the most part, I work 60 or 80 hours a week just on bikes.

What’s the attraction for you?

People just . . . people see the bikes . . . everyone wants a better stereo system. The factory stereo on the Harleys is terrible – absolutely horrible – and there’s really not much out there that’s better. So the guys like myself, there’s a couple of us, there’s two of us (small-shop owners) in the country that really do what I do, specifically bagger audio.

Is the reason you put audio systems in the saddle bags because it allows for a better sound?

Yeah, you get a lot better sound in the back. I’d say 80 percent of my customers come in just for front systems. Another 20 percent do the rear and more.

How would you describe Bike Week for someone who’s never been here?

This Bike Week? This Bike Week is like a Boy Scout convention compared to the other ones. Myrtle (South Carolina) is not too crazy but Sturgis (South Dakota) is . . . awesome – the riding is phenomenal, the weather is awesome and there are just so many more bikes.

Is that what makes a rally good? When you have great roads and a ton of people?

Yeah, the more bikes on the road, it’s actually better, because it’s less morons in cars. When you’ve got a ton of bikes, people are actually more aware, like, yeah, it’s Bike Week.

When bikers come up here and don’t know each other, do they typically form friendships quickly?

When they see bikes, like we’ll be parked down on the strip and people will approach us. It’s probably a lot easier to approach us because we have bikes that are custom, and it gives you something to break the ice initially. That helps. But there’s a camaraderie with bikers. Like you see a guy broken down on the side of the road, you stop and make sure he’s okay; see if he needs any help or whatever.

What about the crazy stuff? What kinds of things have you seen over the years here?

Nothing up here. You don’t even see boobs up here.

So this is the tamest of the major rallies, you’d say?

Well, because of the people who ruined it. Before I ever started coming up here it was horrible. I guess they would kick people off their crotch-rocket bikes, pick them up and throw them in the fire and burn them. Oh yeah, I guess it was out of hand, out of hand. People ruined it for themselves. It used to be a good rally – out of hand like Sturgis – and people ended up, just like anything, you keep pushing the envelope until they ruin it. So now it’s . . . you could really bring your kids to this, I think. Like obviously you wouldn’t bring them up to a bar but . . .

Do you sell any of your bikes at the rally?

<<

larry

***1000 Club!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Yes the Behind the Barn, a wee bit nuts. My Girl friend's (Robin) sister works at Mid-Maine Med center and she had said one time they had someone come in for the Behind the Barn party who was so drunk he had fallen in to the bond fire pit. By the time they pulled him out, he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on about one 1/3 of himself and had melted one hand to the bone, like in gone. Talk about party and I did see Hell's Angles had there own place w/ prospects walking around w/ball pin hammers as guard (dogs) out looks.
<<

THECHIEF

*****3000 Club!

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:49 pm

larry wrote:Yes the Behind the Barn, a wee bit nuts. My Girl friend's (Robin) sister works at Mid-Maine Med center and she had said one time they had someone come in for the Behind the Barn party who was so drunk he had fallen in to the bond fire pit. By the time they pulled him out, he had 2nd and 3rd degree burns on about one 1/3 of himself and had melted one hand to the bone, like in gone. Talk about party and I did see Hell's Angles had there own place w/ prospects walking around w/ball pin hammers as guard (dogs) out looks.

LOL he was luckier than most think, I can almost guarantee there were a couple that nobody even saw fall in, that if they did not get thrown in,.... nothing but ash in the morning, lol
Previous

Return to Laconia Bike Week