Home  •  Rally Photos  •  FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2018 Wharf Rat Rally

<<

x-90 rider

** 500 Club!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:47 am

2018 Wharf Rat Rally

We are thinking about heading to Nova Scotia for the Wharf Rat Rally on Labor Day Weekend. Has anyone ever attended this event?
http://wharfratrally.com/
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:44 am

Re: 2018 Wharf Rat Rally

I have heard of it but never been there, sounds like a nice event.
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

tofeather

5,000 Club!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:43 pm

It's a very long drive, but there are two "Ferrys" that run from Maine to Nova Scotia.
All We Are IS What We Were, tofeather
<<

x-90 rider

** 500 Club!

Post Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm

tofeather wrote:It's a very long drive, but there are two "Ferrys" that run from Maine to Nova Scotia.

It's 1535 miles from The Rock to Digby. The ferry boat from St John to Digby is about $600 one way for 2 people, the truck, and the toyhauler. I think we will drive the whole way. :shock:
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:02 am

x-90 rider wrote:
tofeather wrote:It's a very long drive, but there are two "Ferrys" that run from Maine to Nova Scotia.

It's 1535 miles from The Rock to Digby. The ferry boat from St John to Digby is about $600 one way for 2 people, the truck, and the toyhauler. I think we will drive the whole way. :shock:

I would drive, that's what traveling is all about the drive. I love the drive to Sturgis every year. I wish I had more time to do it. If I had like 5 days each way that would be perfect, we do 1800 miles in 2 days last year we pushed it to 2 1/2 each way and that made it much easier. You need to stop and smell the roses, life is way to short. There is know better way to see the country then mile by mile on the road!
People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both...
<<

x-90 rider

** 500 Club!

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:12 am

Blaz wrote:
x-90 rider wrote:

I would drive, that's what traveling is all about the drive. I love the drive to Sturgis every year. I wish I had more time to do it. If I had like 5 days each way that would be perfect, we do 1800 miles in 2 days last year we pushed it to 2 1/2 each way and that made it much easier. You need to stop and smell the roses, life is way to short. There is know better way to see the country then mile by mile on the road!

I agree, we are planning on about 5 days each way. Then we can stop whenever we want to check something out. The nice thing about the toyhauler is it is fully contained with a genset. We can stop at a campground, Walmart, or a rest area, at any time and spend the night as needed.
<<

Blaz

Site Admin

Post Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:51 am

That is nice to have and onboard generator. I have a little honda but typically don't use it on the road unless I stop at a campground. I do have battery power to run lights. On my box truck I'm going to do solar and have a battery bank inside that will run what ever I need. I will also hook it into the alternator on the truck so it will charge on the road.

Return to Upcoming Rides, and events “Let’s Ride”